The North Carolina State University Cardiology Care Network is designed to support your practice and your clients in the diagnosis and treatment of pets with heart disease. Our team works to coordinate care between NC State-based resources, your practice and your clients on a case-by-case basis. A significant part of the Cardiology Care Network is devoted to helping practicing veterinarians and their professional staff provide optimal care for patients with heart disease. The program supports all patients with heart disease, from the early detection and diagnosis of heart disease or failure to end-of-life care.
Professional veterinary support services provided by the Cardiology Care Network include:
- Telephone and e-consultation with a cardiologist
- Facilitating timely referral to NC State Cardiology when appropriate, including the NC State Heart Failure Clinic
- Coordinating follow-up care between NC State Cardiology and your practice as needed
- Access to the NC State online cardiovascular drug and dosage calculator
- Access to NC State's Web-based patient monitoring tools
- Facilitating access to high-quality clinical trials at NC State for appropriate patients
- Continuing education at NC State
Your clients and patients can expect substantial benefits from participating in the Cardiology Care Network, including:
- Reassurance that with your assistance, they are doing everything possible for their pet
- Improved communications and patient monitoring to help identify potential problems before they’re severe
- Access to enhanced technical and nursing support to improve compliance with prescribed therapy
- Access and guidance to appropriate clinical trials and the latest research results applicable to their pet’s heart disease
- Scheduling assistance to reduce the "hassle-factor" of caring for their pet with heart disease
In addition, participating in the Cardiology Care Network provides you and your staff the opportunity to work closely with the NC State Cardiology Service to develop individual treatment plans for your patients and clients, providing the best "therapeutic fit" for their personal philosophy and lifestyle.