The Cardiology Care Network
The North Carolina State University Cardiology Care Network is a coordinated, multidisciplinary team comprised of:
- Veterinary Cardiologists
- Emergency and Critical Care Specialists
- Veterinary Surgeons
- Primary Care Veterinarians
- Specialized Cardiovascular and Primary Care Technicians
- Exercise Physiologists
Our mission is to help people and their pets enjoy a better quality of life by improving both the inpatient and outpatient management of pets with heart disease.
The NC State Cardiology Service cares for veterinary patients from the earliest detection and diagnosis of heart disease (including screening apparently healthy pets for the presence of heart disease) through the advanced stages of heart failure. Our team works with each client on a case-by-case basis to:
- Set realistic goals and expectations.
- Provide personalized or group education as needed to promote our clients’ understanding and participation in the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of their pet’s condition.
- Schedule regular clinic visits.
- Arrange regular telephone or Internet-based patient monitoring to help prevent major health problems and hospitalization.
- Offer the most promising array of treatment options available at any stage of disease.
In addition to the medical and surgical services available directly through the NC State Cardiology Service, the Cardiology Care Network devotes significant resources to helping veterinarians in private practice provide optimal care for pets with heart disease.